Dennis J. Szafran, ESQ.
Dennis graduated from the University of Pennsylvania completing his B.A. in three years magna cum laude “with distinction” in Political Science. For his undergraduate work, Dennis was the recipient of the Linda Bowen Santoro Award, which is awarded annually to a student with unusual motivation and dedication in the pursuit of an undergraduate degree. He then attended Southwestern Law School where he received his J.D. During law school, Dennis was an intern at Lionsgate Entertainment’s Tax Department where he researched U.S. and foreign income tax treatment of various business transactions for a multinational entertainment company. Additionally, Dennis received his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law. Dennis was born and raised in New Jersey. Prior to attending college, Dennis served in the United States Navy as an Information Systems Technician and was attached to a special warfare unit that provided support to the SEAL teams. After the Navy, he spent five years in the IT industry as a project manager and network engineer, as well as two years in the real estate industry dealing with residential and commercial properties.
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
Dennis was previously an attorney with Gray Robinson and Greenberg Traurig. Dennis and his wife Jessica currently live in Palm Harbor with their son, Liam, their daughter, Abigail, and their two dogs.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. Magna cum laude, “with distinction” in Political Science
- Southwestern Law School, J.D.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
- Recipient, CALI “Excellence for the Future” Award for the highest grade in Securities Regulations
- Dean’s Scholar and Recipient, Dean’s Merit Scholarship, 2013-14
- Recipient, Finnegan Scholarship
- Teaching Assistant, Business Associations
- President, Business Law Society
- Chairman & Founding Member, Armed Forces Law Society
- Recipient, University of Pennsylvania’s Linda Bowen Santoro Award, “Awarded annually to a student with unusual motivation and dedication in the pursuit of an undergraduate degree”
- University of Pennsylvania: Dean’s List
- Completed BA in 3 years
- Political Science Honors Program
- Phi Sigma Alpha National Honor Society for Political Science
- “Gating” Through Wellness Programs Under Proposed EEOC Regulation. The Florida Bar Journal. April 2016.
- Dennis Szafran GI Jobs Interview